November 20th 2014
Barcelona activates its nautical cluster
On Monday October 28th was established Barcelona Nautical Cluster, a group of 35 companies and public organizations without financial gain, with the intention of converting the Catalan capital on an international benchmark in this economic sector. Chaired by Toni Tió, the formation of the cluster was attended by the president of the Port, Sixte Cambra, and Barcelona Mayor, Xavier Trias.
In broad terms the foundation of this project is to increase the competitiveness of the sector, strengthen the existing industrial, attract new investment, promote awareness of the maritime domain and create jobs.
This will also promote the creation of tables of cooperation to foster technology transfer and innovation among research, organize conferences and look for synergies with other already established clusters, in addition to defining a common strategy for international expansion.
Another objective will be identifying industry needs to adapt the training offer and establish a program of collaboration between research centres, universities and training schools with companies in the area.
Charter&Dreams is proud to be one of the 35 founding companies to carry out this project that integrates the activities of construction, repair and maintenance of yachts, as well as water sports and activities associated with the yacht and charter.
- The 10 best islands of the Caribbean Sea to discover on boar...
- Live an exclusive New Year's Eve in Sydney on board of a...
- Discover Komodo Islands on board of Adeelar
- Takara will be one of the yachts of the Monaco Yacht Show
- Enjoy the Yachting Festival of Cannes with the maximum confo...
- 10 reasons to include a private jet in your charter
- Côte d’Azur, one of the most exclusive destinies for char...